Summer Reading: Adventure
Kid’s Corner invites you to enter a contest to win $1,000 for your school library and a Kindle for you! Just read one of the books listed below under your grade level and tell us how the character’s adventure changed them and how it influenced you. Each applicant may enter one essay per book within their grade level.
Grades 3-5 (Max of 650 words)
- How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell
- The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
- The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
Grades 6-8 (Max of 750 words)
- The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
- The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, Book 1) by James Patterson
High School (Max of 850 words)
- The Hunger Games (Any book of Hunger Games Trilogy) by Collins, Suzanne
- Paper Towns by John Green
Entries must be typed and emailed to email@example.com by September. 15, 2013. Any student attending a public or private school within the United States (3rd- 12th grade) is eligible. Entries must include writer’s name, grade, email, school and school address.