CLF’s Unity Day shirts for 2015 arrived today.
I can’t wait to give these to everyone at my school that signs a pledge against bullying. We hope to reach as many kids as possible and encourage the community to be a better and happier place for everyone to live.
On a different note, have you started reading for CLF’s National Anti-Bullying Essay Contest yet? All of these stories have powerful messages of kindness, acceptance, and inclusion. I’m excited to read all of your essays about how those messages affected you.
Remember your choices are
Grades 3-5 (Max of 650 words)
- Freak the Mighty by Rodman Philbrick
- Goblinheart by Brett Axel
Grades 6-8 (Max of 750 words)
- One for the Murphys by Lynda Mullay Hunt
- Schooled by Gordon Korman
High School (Max of 850 words)
- Just Listened by Sarah Dessen
- It’s Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini
Entries must be typed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 13, 2015. Entries must include writer’s name, grade, school, school address and email.