At Kid’s Corner we believe reading makes a difference – it helps us imagine, learn, grow and understand the world around us. To help encourage students of all ages to read and learn, we host essay contests throughout the year. CLF Kid’s Corner selects books for three different age groups along with a topic or theme for the essay submissions. Students with the winning essays receive a Kindle for themselves along with $1,000 for their school library to provide more great books to read and share. Read on to find out about our current essay contest or to see the essays from previous winners.
Summer 2017 Essay Contest: Understanding Ourselves
To apply read one of the books listed in your grade level and write an essay on the topic below. Entries must be typed and emailed to email@example.com by August 31, 2017. Entries must include writer’s name, grade, email, school, and school address.
- Grades 3-5: Savvy by Ingrid Law AND The Goldfish Boy by Lisa Thompson
- Grades 6-8: One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia AND Goodbye Stranger by Rebecca Stead
- High School: A List of Cages by Robin Roe and The Memory Book by Lara Avery
Meet our 2017 Spring Essay Contest Winners
- Colin Diehl: 5th Grade, Dublin Elementary School, White Lake, MI
- Suhani Balachandran: 8th grade, Marlboro Memorial MS, Morganville NJ
Previous Contests & Winners: